Friday, December 9, 2011

Confessions

I have a confession to make. I did not choose the best time to start a food blog because, I have no kitchen, it kills me. The good news is that I may have a kitchen by the end of the day! I highly doubt everything will be in working order, but I will have my appliances! I am hoping for everything to be finished by next week. Normally, not being able to cook would kill me, I like home cooked meals, I take leftovers to lunch everyday. It is not often that I eat a lot of processed food, and being without a kitchen has left me with no choice. It has been probably 3-4 months with no kitchen. As I mentioned, I am not a big processed food fan, but I do make exceptions, even when I do have a kitchen.

One of my favorite go to prepared meals is Amy's. Amy's is a family owned business and all of their meals are vegetarian made with mostly (95%) organic ingredients. If you read their ingredient label practically everything is organic. They are not USDA Organic certified but they are certified organic by Quality Assurance International.

 Cheese Tamale Verde



The calorie & fat count on this is high compared to their other products, but it is delicious and compared to other options, I am doing great.


Chili & Cornbread

I also love their Chil & Cornbread meal. I was not to crazy about trying this one, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is really good. One thing that I miss eating since cutting out meat is chili and this hit the spot. The cornbread is slightly sweet and the chili has a great flavor.





Amy's also makes a variety of other very delicious meals, soups and snacks. You should really check them out: Amy's 

Hopefully, I will have a kitchen soon so that I can post my own delicious meals, but I can tell you that I will still eat Amy's when I just don't feel like cooking.

No comments: