Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Roasted Dill Lemon Chickpeas

 Fantastic news for me! My kitchen is fully operational! I am still lacking groceries, but I was too excited not to cook something.
Every once and a while, I will make a batch of roasted chickpeas and snack on them all week. They are great hot or cold and you can make them in so many different ways. As I mentioned, I am lacking groceries, so I used some of the things I had laying around.



Ingredients:

2 cans of garbanzo beans
1/4 of an onion
1 juiced lemon
2 tablespoon olive oil
4 sprigs of fresh dill or approximately 3 tablespoons of dill
Salt to taste
Any additional spices you would like

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Rinse and drain garbanzo beans (make sure beans are dry)
3. Mince onion
4. Shred dill
5. Mix beans, onions, and half of the dill
6. Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice
7. Mix well
8. Salt to taste (& any other spices you would like)
9. Stick in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes - until golden brown
10. Mix in the remaining dill
Enjoy!



Nutritional information
6 Servings
166 calories
 55 fat calories
7 grams of fat
7 grams of protein

2 comments:

J Davis said...

These sound awesome! I've been buying something like this to put in Steve's lunch, but now I'm gonna try to make my own! Thanks!

Kaleigh said...

They are really yummy! this was my best batch yet. You can also lower the olive oil to 1 tablespoon, and be even healthier. I think my next batch will be with some kind of cajun seasoning.